The Friends of the Libraries Advisory Board members are seeking new volunteers to support the mission of the University Libraries. Participate in cultural events, promote the libraries to more friends, generate support for the libraries, and be part of a vibrant Loyola community. To learn more, please review the Friends of the University Libraries Advisory Board Member description or contact Jocelyn Cheng at jcheng5@LUC.edu or 773.508.2616.
The University Libraries’ very own university archivist, Kathy Young, and assistant university archivist, Ashley Howdeshell, published a book on Loyola University Chicago’s 150-year history. The book features seldom-seen photographs from the collections from its founding of St. Ignatius College in 1870 to its 21st-century campuses. The book is now available for purchase through Arcadia Publishing […]
- Provide opportunities for meeting persons who share an interest in and enthusiasm for books, libraries, and reading
- Encourage and attract gifts in the form of bequests, endowments, books, manuscripts, and other appropriate materials
- Involve individuals in the Chicago area in library programs and activities
- Foster an understanding of and appreciation for all Loyola University Chicago’s libraries and their special collections
- Underscore the importance of Loyola’s libraries in fulfilling the University’s mission