This summer, the Loyola Information Commons (IC), Cudahy Library, and the Women and Leadership Archives in Piper Hall will be undergoing refresh and construction that will affect your visit to our spaces. Students, faculty, staff, alumni, guests, and community members are welcome to use the library during building hours. We want to ensure your safety, so here is an overview to help you plan for your visit. More details can be found on the library’s summer facilities projects page. We appreciate your patience during this time.
- The IC will be closed starting on Saturday, May 13 through August to make way for new carpeting and furniture. The replacement of the furniture and carpet will be followed by a technological upgrade to the IC 4th Floor.
- IC services, including the Research Help Desk, Equipment Loan program, and Writing Center, will be temporarily relocated to Cudahy Library.
- The IC front doors will remain open for entry to Cudahy Library.
- Cudahy Library will undergo construction as part of Loyola’s stormwater improvements to protect campus buildings.
- Cudahy Library’s Floors 1-3 will remain open while the Lower Level and Mezzanine will be closed starting on May 13.
- From Monday, June 5 though Sunday, June 25 there will be no access to water in Cudahy Library and all the restrooms in Cudahy will be closed. Restrooms and water fountains on the first floor of the IC will be available during this time.
- The Women and Leadership Archives located in Piper Hall will also undergo construction as part of Loyola’s stormwater improvements.
- Piper Hall will be closed starting on May 13
- As spaces are being prepared for this work, access to collections will be limited in the weeks to come.
Before you head to campus, remember to check our building hours.
We are excited about these summer facilities projects that will bring improved environments and look forward to sharing more information as it becomes available. Please check this page for the latest updates and contact us for questions by emailing libraries@LUC.edu.