A few updates and some general information about the library and its services as we transition to online instruction and attempt to cope with this unprecedented disruption in normal services. The library will remain open and operational Monday through Friday (we will close on weekends), from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, beginning, March 13, 2020. Virtual reference help will be available via online chat on the evenings and weekends. All services will be offered as usual. All library events will be canceled or rescheduled for later in the year. That is the plan for the moment. As things change we will adjust and inform you as necessary.
- Building Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Chat Reference Hours, Loyola Library Staff: Monday – Thursday, 9:00am – 10pm; Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm; Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm; Sunday noon – 10:00pm
- Chat Reference Hours, contract (non-Loyola staff): 24 hours
Circulation and Interlibrary Loan
- Students who are leaving campus are encouraged to return their books.
- We will most likely extend all due dates, and will be very lenient about overdue fines.
- ILL books should be returned if at all possible. People who have already left campus are encouraged to mail their books to the library.
- We will continue to submit ILL requests to other libraries, but many libraries are already limiting their ILL service, so expect to see some requests declined. ILL requests for articles and single book chapters will be easier to fill, as they are delivered online.
- If faculty have print items on course reserve that students need to access remotely, we will attempt to acquire an online version.
- Questions about ILL can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about book circulation and course reserves can be directed to email@example.com