Meet the Staff: Aparna Ghosh

dsc000821
Title of your position:
Reserves Associate

What is your educational background?
B.A. degree in Sociology/Anthropology from Denison University, Granville, Ohio.

How long have you been at Loyola and what do you like best about working here?
I have been at Loyola for about seven months – and I believe that two of the best things about working here is the interaction I have with my colleagues, and of course, the fantastic location of the Water Tower Campus!

What do you find most challenging about your work at Loyola?
Copyright issues. I have been attending workshops and reading up on copyright statutes, and there is still so much to decipher!

What interests do you have outside of work?
Exploring new places, participating in new activities, reading, studying languages, cats and other animals, Japanese anime and manga (graphic novels), the list never ends…

Where have you traveled?
I have lived in Jersey City (NJ), Calcutta/Kolkata (India), Granville (OH) and spent a semester abroad in Chiba, Japan. Among the other places I’ve visited are Tokyo (and surrounding areas) and Okinawa in Japan, all over the state of West Bengal in India, and as for the United States, I have been to several places in Ohio, upstate New York, Washington D.C. and Florida.

What books have you read recently that you would recommend?
I am an avid fan of Haruki Murakami, and would especially recommend Kafka on the Shore and The Wind-up Bird Chronicle. I would recommend The Good Women of China by Xinran for the non-fiction category.

Back To Top