Staff Picks – Sarah’s top ten favorite movie soundtracks

10. Moonrise Kingdom – this one is mostly for the French song in that appears in the movie – “Le Temps de L’Amour by Francoise Hardy. I have limited myself to two Wes Anderson movies on this list, this is the first one.

9. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring – I especially like “Concerning Hobbits” and “The Ring Goes South.”

8. The Bling Ring – This soundtrack will wake you up in the morning. Favorite track: “Crown on the Ground” by Sleigh Bells.

7. Guardians of the GalaxyThis soundtrack was an instant classic, but I feel like I shouldn’t put it too high on the list because the movie is pretty recent.

6. Amelie – If you have not seen this movie and/or listened to the soundtrack, go do so right now.

5. 10 Things I Hate About You – This movie and its soundtrack really spoke to me as a teenager. Favorite track: “Your Winter” by Sister Hazel

4. The Darjeeling Limited – This is the second Wes Anderson flick on this list. Favorite track: “Where Do You Go To (My Lovely)” by Peter Sarstedt

3. Pirate Radio – This movie is full of classic pop and rock hits. I recommend you see it at once. It’s hard to select a favorite track from this one, so I’m going to call it a tie between “All Day and all of the Night” by the Kinks and “So Long Marianne” by Leonard Cohen and also “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me” by Dusty Springfield.

2. Romeo + Juliet –I don’t think this one needs any explanation. Favorite track: I can’t pick one, it’s impossible.

1. Empire Records – I had a hard time deciding between this and Romeo + Juliet for the number one spot, but I feel confident in my decision. Favorite track: all of them!

One thought on “Staff Picks – Sarah’s top ten favorite movie soundtracks

Back To Top